Sunday, July 18, 2004

Megumi Chan

Yesterday morning, suddenly my mind flew to Megumi, my flatmate in Ashfield, I felt like writing about her. But then I changed my mind.
Then I was doing blog browsing, then I stucked in Ken Ken's blog, he's writing about Ayumi Hamasaki...phew...Megumi looks like her...but of course Ayumi is more beautiful..
I met Megumi (not Ayumi of course) at Agnes flat, when I was about to move out to be closer to my uni (but actually not really close, I mean as I was staying with Agnes in westmead, so I was looking somewhere in the middle of Westmead and Kingsford). Agnes said Megumi was looking for a place to stay and somebody to share with as well. She's kind of quiet and shy girl at that time, but anyway, I just wanna give it a try...anyway I've never stayed with Japanese before...
So we started to look around, and when we were browsing at the real estate agent's window in Ashfield, one of the bule passer by, stopped at us, and talked to Megumi to offer a place to stay, as he bought his new flat somewhere around, and he had to find someone to replace him as a tenant in his place.
Then we went to see the house we like it instantly, and the rent was quiet cheap as well. So we decided to sign up, but at that time inside my mind was cursing that bule, I said if only I was the one who's standing there, that bule might not had approached me, just because Megumi is a Japanese, and he ever stayed in japan or what I couldn't remember, so he offered the place to Megumi, but anyway..never mind...I got place to stay as well, didn't I?
That place was a perfect house, instead of it has a garden and the back yard that we had to take care of *sigh*, and it was not equipped with fridge as well.
So we started our live there, we had 3 bed rooms, one big one occupied by me, another smaller room by Megumi, and the other room is like an attic, was empty when we moved in.
It was very fun to be Megumi's flatmate, we shopped together, so quite some of our clothing are the same, and goes for our accessories as well. We always encourage each other to shop (lohhh bad habit hhahauhauha..). Then she taught me how to wear high heel, which I couldn't do before, even for a 3cm heels, but yet with her lesson, I can run with 7 inch heels *wow*
She taught me about make up, which before her, I always forgot to put even a powder on my face...(kebayang nggak sih??)
If I had an afternoon class, then she would wait for me in Ashfield mall, to do groceries together, as we didn't have any fridge, so we usually buy when we want to cook, and only buy enough for our needs for the day.
Before we went to sleep I always go to her room, to listen some of the japanese songs, which she played based on her mood that day, she would explain to me what the songs about.
One things that left a sweet memory to me until today is when I have moved out from the house, then she visited me in my new place in 1 winter day, a few days before she wet back to Japan. We went to swim at my apartment's down stairs, then the heater was not working, she told me just jump to the water then swim quickly, then I did as per her instruction, then we moved to whirpool, the moved to saunaroom again, the jumped again the the pool, I lost count how many times we did that, then finished the night with eating in the Italian restaurant near my place. Then I felt sick the next day.......
Now as I writing this story, I can't bring my self to stop smiling for all these beautiful memories, Megumi Chan...I miss u so muchh...lohhh?????

No comments: