Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pondok Cianjur

I've come back *grin* too many things happened in this very short period, both in Singapore and in Jakarta *sigh*
Anyway, let's forget about the problem, let me tell you this story, since my compatriot was still in Singapore, she'd been talking to me about having lunch in Pondok Cianjur on Saturday which I supposed to be in Jakarta.
It's quite the "in" place to eat, and has become to talk of the town, I mean, the place is normal, but the food is damn good, Sundanese Food. My other gank member said the place is very crowded most of the time, so she tried to make reservation but no reservation is allowed.
Being good hosts, all the gank decided to go ahead, so my compatriot picked me up, and we were the first to arrive among the rest of the gank member. The crowd was quite okay, but looked like the queue system is a bit messy, so my compatriot who's having a very short fuse, quite furious with the waiter (or we called it Mas) while trying to pester him in getting a space, until that "mas" gave up and replaced by the other "mas". Trying to avoid any inconvinient that might arise, I told my compatriot,"You step aside lah, let me handle him".
So I tried using my best performance to pester the "mas", but then that nite I was not in the mood, so my performance was very poor, and by the time the rest of the gank arrived, it was like i was in cross junction *sigh*
But luckily, finally we got a space, after that another problems arose *sigh* Most of the best dishes were out of stock, and everybody was complaining, except me and some of the man (some of my compatriots have got married, and luckyy enough to get a patient husband). The waitress, which we called "mbak", face started to black, being have the longest fuse among all of my gank, I tried to save the situation again by telling my gank," It's okay lah, if they don't have it, that means I have to come back to Jakarta again to get those dishes, doesn't it?" So they cooled down, and order something else.
On the other hand, I'm still trying my luck just in case we could get all those sold out things by telling the "mbak","Sorry yah mbak, actually I'm coming all the way from Singapore to eat these special dishes, coz I'm 1 month pregnant and I'm craving for all those food, if you don't mind, please help us to try your best to get those dishes that is not available now..." *tanduk mulai keluar*
And of course everybody was clapping, laughing and screaming (I mean in our table), which made all the people turned the head towards us *blush*, but anyway they din't know what's happening lah...*phew*
The "Mbak" melted down, and now have a red face, and I felt like the star in mentos advertisement, crazy or what? pregnant? craving? *evil face* wakakakkakakkaka.... but in the end we still couldn't those sold out dishes, but at least I'd tried.
Come back to that pregnancy and craving things, I'll make sure when I'm pregnant my craving will be having pastry in the cafe in front of Eiffel Tower, Eating bagels in front of the Liberty Statue, Eating hot dog in Woolloomoolloo, Eating Nandos in Bondi Beach, Eating Pizza in front of Pisa Tower, touch the Sphynx nose, and etc...good luck to my husband then wakkakakakakkaa....
After that I think the "mbak" felt guilty for not being able to fulfill my wish, so it's a different waiter again serving our table....
Well when we left, the "mas" who was in charge of assigning the table said,"Thank you Ibu Diana..." Nah loh....my compatriot had been marked by the "mas" wakkakakakka....
Remembering all of them having a short fuse, so I've started to worry, for my next stop, Bali, is it going to be a Boot Camp or Holiday? *sigh*
Moral of story it's okay to tell white lie to save the situation, so everybody is happy...

No comments: