Monday, November 07, 2005

Grand Auntie's Bday

Sounds weird, rite? Grand Auntie, how is it derived from?
Well, it's my dad's auntie, so don't you think I have to call her Grand Aunt? *grinned*
She's turning 82 years old, which I don't know when is the exact date (uupss..I always forget her birthday *blush*), but anyway her daughter always calls me up to come to celebrate her birthday, so I just stay cool lah...*grinned*
You must be wondering, how come I have some relatives in Singapore, let me go through with you *kayak lecture* wakkakaka...
I have 2 Grand Aunts here in Singapore, who migrated during their youth, and married Singaporean (hmm I think the other one married Malaysian, then moved into Singapore), so their children practically still can speak our dialect (not Indo though), and I have a few cousins from there...
On the other hand, I also have a cousin from my mom's side (which migrated from Hongkong and married with Singaporean as well)..so you can imagine, what a united nation is my big families...*sigh*
Back to my GrandAunt Birthday, hmmm on Saturday I had to attend Max class, but my Dad (yeah my parents are still here *sigh*) is very kan chiong (duh artinye ape ye..), so I had to drop my parents before went to max's class.
After Max' class i tried my best to arrive there as early as possible, which no matter how hard I'd tried, still reaching there at 7.15 pm (ya iyalah, her house in Jurong West, Max' Class in Bishan, and I'm in Clementi *sigh*) felt like I'm part of Amazing Race wakakkakak....
I had a feeling they will wait for me to cut the birthday cake, as me, as usual is their fave's *pe de abies*...CC said,"can not be, they will still go ahed to cut cake without you.."
So we bet SGD$ 100, and I won mann...wakakakak..I'm richer by SGD 100 now *seneng*
When I was still eating, her grandson ask my auntie when could we cut the cake, then the auntie answer,"Wait until jie jie (refereing to me lah yaa *pe de*) finish eating.."
Doh, paiseh (=gak enak ati, hokkian-red), I faster finished the food, so they could proceed to cut the cake...

No comments: