Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Have A Bad Day

This posting supposed to be posted last nite, but blogger was down, so it was not succesful. So this story was yesterday one ya...
Yesterday was really a very bad day. Started with a bad headache from lack of sleep, as usual been chased by the bloody deadline, brought up wrong subject to my mom *sigh*
Top of the news, my driver, suddenly called said,"Sorry bozz, I need to go for funeral".
I still didn't suspect anything,"Umm okay, but who?"
He said,"Isa passed away".
I thought he was joking,"Are you joking?"
He answered,"It's true.."
I 'm shocked , weak, confused, etc...
Mohammad Isa was his name. He was about 18 years old, if not mistaken now is his final year in ITE (equal to STM in Indonesia). He was one of my part-time worker, espcecially during school holidays.
The first time I knew him, he called me "Miss". He just treated me as his teacher *sigh* I called him "Isa", just like the way Indonesian pronounce, but his friends, called him 'Ise'. He was a nice young man, very responsible towards his works, very protective towards me, especially all those nite that I had to helped them to finish work outside.
He was a very soft spoken young man, very polite and very hard working among his peers. My supervisor always called him "handsome".
He was a cheerful young man, who likes to compose his own songs during his works, and sang it loudly with his friends. His voicemail for his handphone is very unique.
His father gave him a scooter, he was a very careful rider, responsible, and didn't like to speed. It was an accident that took away his life instantly, near Singapore Polytechnic.
The latest news that I heard this morning he changed his scooter to motorbike, and nobody knows how it happened. Somebody found him lying down near the drain with smashed face and badly broken arm, blood everywhere. The body was 500 m away from the motorbike, and the helmet was 500 m away also.
Isn't it ironic? A very young man, which I believe would have a bright future has left the world suddenly. Why him? Why today? Why so young?
Probably it's true a good man will have a short life...then I started to think,"doesn't it mean I'm not good? I'm still alive though til now?"
My last contact with him was 9 August 2006, Singapore's National Days, I was using my other handphone, sending sms to all my Singaporean contacts, to wish them Happy National Day. Suddenly I received a reply from Isa,"Thank you, but Errrr may I know who r u?"
I replied,"It's me Flona".
After waiting a few minutes he replied,"Mmmm sorry to ask again, but where do I know you?"
Then I replied,"Oh I'm from Bla..Bla..Bla...(I typed my company name)".
He answered,"oh okay..thanks again".
A few hours later around 11 pm, he sent another sms,"Have u slept?"
I answered,"Nope, why?"
He typed,"Errrr...Bla bla bla (my company name) have so many staffs inside, but may I know which one are you?"
Holding my laughter, I typed,"Errrr...I'm bozz"
He replied,"Oopppsss...sorry bozz, I didn't know your real name.."
What a memory...Bon Voyage Isa, my friend...
I feel something empty in the corner of my heart, I'm still in a deep shock...disbelieve that I will not be able to meet him
We all here will miss you for sure...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone.

ISA Physio