Monday, February 13, 2006

Oma

Phew....finally Chinese New Year is over (officially it's 2 weeks), so yesterday was the last day...with my parents here, I had a very long visiting lists *sigh* which usually when my parents are not here, I try to cut short by only visited the core family member only.
Have you noticed that Grandma always dote the first grandchild available?
It works on me, while I'm practically the first grandchild for grandma from my mom' side, where 3 of my mom's elder sister are in Hongkong, and they hadn't been back for so long, which made my position as 1st grandchild even stronger. She doted me a lots, even when later on a few cousins came in, I'm still number one *grin* but too bad when I left for Sydney she felt sick, and passed away after a few years *sigh*
On the other hand, from my dad's side, I don't know I'm in what rank, and I know that I was not in the 1st rank, but later I learned that even though I didn't feel her love, and I was really scared of her, she also loved me, my cousins who were staying with her, told me, every Sunday, she used to sit in front of TV, saying that I might be appeared in the children show (Aneka Ria Anak - Anak *jadul banged*) one day...and without failed she did that until I grew up become a teenager, but too bad, she didn't have a chance to see me on TV when I was representing my school for Cepat Tepat *jadul lagi*, she passed away long before that *sigh*
So now, here I am, grandma-less, but my best friend's grandma is staying in Singapore, ever since I moved to Singapore, every year, my best friend asks me to become a flower courier for her grandma, which I happily do. And by any chance, my best friend is also the first grandchild from Oma *sigh*
Everytime my best friend comes to Singapore, she'll stay in Oma place, and of course I'll go to Oma place to pick her up, or only to hang around there with her, gossiping, flipping TV programmes etc..etc...
Anyway Oma is getting old, but she's still strong and fresh, the last time my best friend came was on October for her sister wedding, and I don't know why, suddenly Oma said to me,"Kamu jadi cucu oma aja deh...sering-sering dateng ke sini dong nengokin Oma".
Well I guess Oma is very lonely...and on week end I visited Oma for Chinese New Year, everything she does, exactly representing my grandma from my mom side, and suddenly made me missed her a lot *hiks*
When I asked permission to leave, suddenly Oma hugged me and cry...Oh my God, I don't know what to do *sigh* I only said," Happy New Year yah Oma, biar Oma sehat selalu dan panjang umur..."
I'll continue to visit Oma....

No comments: