Monday, December 12, 2005

Singlish

Thanks for all your concern and support, meanwhile the deep thought still in progress *senyum manis*
Anyway, do you know that when you speak Singlish, besides the -lah, still have "ah" or some people may write it as "ar" but pronouce as "a" in the straight Indonesian pronounciation.
I'd just finished my phone call to the furniture company, asking whether my bar stool have been ready to be sent to my place or not.
I said,"Hello, I would like to ask you ar...are my bar stools ar...already come to your warehouse or not ar?
After I hung up (eh it's not madonna's new song ya *senyum jail*) the phone, then I realised, eh how come I spoke very good Singlish ar? wakakakkakak...
Suddenly I recalled my friend's story, she was my my class mate in Trisakti before, and now she is working in Singapore, after being transfered from Jakarta office to the regional office in Singapore.
When she was still working in jakarta, there was this Singaporean guy by the name of Sam, came to her office to become a replacement manager for a few months in Jakarta, so she was introduce by her boss to this guy.
When she was in her boss room, the boss called Sam in,"Eh Sam ar...come in..."
Then being polite she greeted Sam,"Oh hello, Sema (read with Indonesian pronounciation) how are you?"
Then everybody laughed at her, but she was confused and asked,"Is there anything wrong?"
Then the boss explained,"His name is Sam, not Sema..that's because I was speaking in Singlish..."
wakakakakakakkakakakka.....

No comments: