Monday, December 19, 2005

Branding

Since a few weeks back, my friend already told me to celebrate her birthday by having dinner together with her on last Saturday, but on Thursday suddenly she received sms from her cousin, saying that she would come to Singapore on Saturday.
So she told me that her cousin would join us for dinner, and she also warned me this cousin, is a very serious person, workaholic, very clever, very sharp, no non-sense and very hard to joke *sigh*
Since it was her birthday, I couldn't say no to her, besides I quite often dragged her a long to meet my other friends..anyway on that day, luckily I had forgotten all about her cousin, because I was too excited to meet her...but then when I as introduce to her cousin, suddenly I said oh no...how am I going to handle this situation.
I tried my best to keep reminding my self to behave nicely, by using "Saya" instead of "Gue" when I talked to her cousin..but when talking to her, I still use "Gue" lah of course *grinned* but then as the time passed by I couldn't hold my self anymore, so I started with a soft joke, which was getting hotter and hotter, and bingo....there it goes...she started to laugh at my jokes...*legaaaaa*
That situation reminds me of the conversation that I had with my best friend back in Jakarta a few months back, me and the birthday girl were in the same class with my best friend when we were still in Trisakti, but yet when I talked about the birthday girl(R) to my best friend (S) (oppss..complicated ya...), she always said,"Yeah I know R is very crazy, but lately when she met me, she was not that crazy anymore, not like you even though I'm not in the mood of joking, but you always persistent to launch your jokes towards me...
Well I answered with a simple sentence,"Because I'm trying my best to do branding mah...while R may be still trying to do positioning...I don't care about the response, my duty is only doing branding...that's how people loves to be around me..."
And she laughs....
For those who can't understand, it's a marketing strategy lesson....

No comments: