Thursday, October 14, 2004

Taking MRT

After so long been absent from taking MRT, yesterday I did it *yay* (norak banget ndak sih? *blush*)
I went from Plaza Singapura to Tanjong Pagar. Started with I didn't bring my Ezlink card *sigh* coz I lent it to my Roby who's here for this week. Then I opened my wallet only found $50 note *sigh again*
For you who stay in Singapore, must know very well how "teruk" (read:troublesome, Singlish) is the position of the entrance gate, the station control and the ticket machine. So I saw there is an UOB atm machine there, I withdrew $10 then went to the ticket machine next to it, and found out that the machine does not accept $10 notes, then I had to walk all the way to station control and changed my money to smaller amount, then bought ticket, and proceed all the way to North South Line MRT *sigh*
On the escalator down, I met 2 girls that are inconsiderate enough to block my way, so I missed the train *gondok* and I had to wait for another 7 mins. I heard the alarm sounded, and just curious why it was so. Then I took a seat then sudddenly I felt the construction work underneath the station, and made me stunned, reminded me of Nicoll Highway. So I assume the alarm sound because of this construction work lah...
Then not long after that 1 auntie approach my sit, then said," The train had just left ah?"
"Ya loh..,"I answered.
Auntie,"Why the alarm keep on ringing ah?"
I said,"Probably because of the sontruction underneath."
Auntie,"Wah so scary leh..."
I answered,"I feel the same way to, and the train still long some more.."
Auntie,"Anyway it's fate lah.."
So I smiled smiled loh....
Finally the train came, I feel "shiok" (read=comfortable, Singlish) inside the train, I don't know why, I always have this feeling everytime I take MRT in Singapore, some kinda feeling touristy or something which I can't explain, seeing the students with the uniform reading The New Paper and plug the walkman in their ears....
I had to change train at Raffles Place interchange, when my MRT door opened, then the train on the other side left me out just like that *sebel*
I was just wondering why they can't make both the train arriving and leaving at the same time, so it's easier for people to change train, just like Bangkok BTS *think very hard*
Luckily I didn't need to wait so long to get the next train arriving. When eraching Tanjong Pagar I still had to figure out which exit should I take to go to Peck Seah St, lucky, the sign is very straight forward *phew*

No comments: