Thursday, March 30, 2006

Singapore Fashion Festival

It's the hottest talk in town, Singapore Fashion Festival 2006. Every magazines, and Newspaper on certain days are writing about it. Even to the extend when I was inside the lift at Paragon, the tai tai (read as: thai thai, means: rich housewife), was busy talking about it as well *sigh* I was wondering So what a great deal for us, working class people, who will never ever get the invitation for this events...
But suddenly the star felt from the sky, I got invitation...but I was in doubt to come, coz I thought,"How to dress up? I couldn't afford to wear designer labels from top to toe, as all those socialites do..." On the other hand, I was very curious to find out how it is like to attend such a glamorours event....*grinned*
To ease my doubt, on Monday I hung around The Tent, that's what the place is called at Ngee Ann City, to observe, how the invitees dressed up...when I was in Paragon *again* I saw a few ladies, dressed up very elegantly, I became somewhat discourage...but then when the show finished I saw a mix of variety of people dressing up, coz some of them are the fashion design students...so I decided to come on Wednesday, which is last nite...
It's an okay event lah...I gotta see some of the Singapore's celebrities in person, which is some quite different from what I see from TV, and also some Indonesian rich Tai tai, that always appears in magazine every months, and according to my friend who's working in the watch industries, those rich tai tai, always be invited for almost every event....I can't imagine, if I were in their position, I'll feel very tired...may be that's why I haven't become a Tai tai yet *nyengir*
I met 1 of the girl who was working part time for me last year, she is doing her degree in fashin design in NAFA, and she is one of the usher for the event, she called me,"Flona, you still remember me?"
I said," Yes, of course how can I forget you? How are you?"
She,"I'm fine, thanks, enjoying the course..by the way you still look as cute as before leh..."
Oh my God, me? cute? *gubraks*
As usual, this type of event only providing finger food, and lotsa of wine and champagne...,"Yes, horraay...free expensive drinks..." but I only drink a bit, as I feel dizzy, and ugly..I realised that I can't drink in the public, my pores wil be opened very fast because of the alcohol, but hey..I have to drink, to warm my self up from the nasty aircon *sigh*
I always feel it's very unfair for a woman, to attend an event, we have to dress up very well, strapless or backless gown, high heel, make up, and have to suffer from the air con, but for guys, just grap t-shirt and wear a coat on top of it, very simple,but yet look very presentable and most of all they don't need to suffer from the nasty air cond *sebel*...but my friend always says,"No pain no gain, in order to look beautiful, you have to suffer..." *sigh*

No comments: