Friday, September 28, 2007

Midas Touch

In Indonesian is "Tangan Dingin" geto loh....

I don't really believe in Midas Touch during my childhood, as I enjoy my mom's cooking so much, she can keep the house very need and tidy all the time, she does the washing, etc by herself and she's a superwoman....pokoke TOP BGT dehhhh...

My grandma from both sides also were good cooks as well....even my dad, can cook quite nice, which he did when my mom fall sick.

When I was in secondary school, just simply because of I was too boyish, so my mom made a conspiracy to my school head master, to register me in cooking subject for 3 years. Actually I didn't even put cooking at all as my choice....but suddenly my name appeared for cooking subject. I was so innocent, and asked my teacher, they said any other class already full. So I did that cooking class for 3 years, which formed me to a not so bad cooks lah...

At least during those 3 years, every wednesday my dad would wait for me excitedly, wanting to get something from my cooking class, meanwhile, my mom would wait til my dad said," very nice" then she would take it with hesitation :(

Anyway so far in my Singapore maid's history (jreng jreng...maid again niyyyy), I've never let them cook my food, I only let them make my breakfast which consist of Tea with sugar and toast....safe enough lah...

Even though Nunik (Doh, Nunik lage bowww.....) who said that she can't cook, but actually I'd ever found out that she made tong seng for her self *grrrrrrrrrrrr mo marah gak siy?*

My latest domestic helper, from Myanmar...she's very good, very helpful (too helpful in fact), I feel that she's more fit to be a gurkha (=the 1st class body guard from Nepal) than a domestic helper....I feel uneasy, the way she serves me, as though I'm a small kids...*tepok jidat*

But anyway, she doesn't have midas touch....but everything she touch would turn to disaster...my tea, I don't know why, the only tea she can make only chinese tea....for any other tea, I will have gastric problem after drinking her tea, which is too acidic I guess.

I've tried to trained her how to make a cup of tea, but yet it has never been good *sigh* and all the plants, died in her hand *gubraks* even bonsai plant, which practically easy to maintain, also lost the leaves one by one and died *gubraks lagi*

What happened to her ya? Anyway Have a good week end every one....

No comments: