Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dragon Family

The mission of my trip to KL was business trip. Please highlight it is not a holiday or shopping trip, but business trip. *senyum manis* But as a woman, of course, I would try to maximise my time, and use kesempatan dalam kesempitan to go shopping donk. That should be understandable lah ya... *blush*
Anyway Saturday lunch, it supposed to be a business lunch, my supplier brought me to the chinese restaurant near his office. We'd been there before, the food quite nice, and my supplier is very well known in that restaurant.
So that day, we came 4 person, but we were given a very big table, for 10, I was very surprised, I asked,"Huh? how come the table so huge? Is you wife and children coming?"
His daughter answered,"Hmm yeah how come my dad choose big table."
Father,"oh there will be some more people coming, don't worry.."
Okay I'm relax, come 1 person, I forgot his name, but he's quite young, compare with my supplier, so he said,"Just call him Ah Boy will do".
And then suddenly a big group come, quite an old uncle, 1 middle age man, 1 middle age woman which has a properous looks, with gold and jade all over the place *sweat* looks like a laughing Buddha, and another middle age man.
Everybody speak Cantonese, I can understand quite a bit, coz my grandmother was Cantonese, and 3 of my aunties are staying in Hongkong, so more or less I could catch up lah, besides me, myself is Hakka, so it's not really too different (according to me lah ya, but for some Cantonese who doesn't understand Hakka at all, they will say it's a totally different world). So they're actually my supplier and the gank that I haven't met before. Then my supplier asked to be served by the chief waiter. The food started with shark fin soup. Just imagine the bowl size is the size of small claypot bowl *sigh* It was re-heated in front of us before it was served to us *deep sigh* I've never eaten such a shark fin soup in my life before, huge serving, and I could see clearly it's a shark fin, it was a generous serving and cut.
The nearest encounter of these type of shark fin serving before hand, is when I eat in Crystal Jade, and ordered an individual bowl of shark fin soup, which cost you a bomb, then you can see a cute chunky cut of shark fin.
But this one, OMG it's very chunky, and a lot *sweat* Every time I scooped the soup to my mouth I said in side my heart,"Well, shark, I'm so sorry I have to eat you like this, now you really look like a shark fin, and I'm doing this just to revenge for everybody that had been attacked by you shark". And it felt endless *sweat more*
I felt like I'm eating with the Hongkong Triad. Where everybody speak Cantonese, and call each other Tai ko (=big brother), always pat each other shoulder. It just exactly look like Hongkong drama series, when the triad meet *sigh* I felt uneasy though, being the youngest, eh nope...still have my supplier daughter which is younger than me *ngelap keringet*
It was an unforgettbale memory lah ya, eating with Dragon Family

No comments: