Sunday, August 19, 2007

Money = Happiness?

Today is a gloomy day in Singapore with rain pouring quite heavily the whole day, and it made me to think and have reflection about my life, my achievement, etc...

I agree with the statement of "Money can't buy happiness" as I see my life now, I feel in term of financial stability I should be okay, but when I think back to my schooling days in Sydney, I felt that I was happier back then.

I was working as a waitress, and every week, I used to feel very excited on Wednesday, just simply it was my pay day. No matter how small my payment is, by the time I got my pay check on hand, I felt like jumping around and shouting "horraaayy".

I would walk happily and humming all the way to the nearest bank to throw in my pay check. But now, look at me, no matter how many times I earned compared with before, there was no excitement at all. When I opened my office letter box and found an envelope with check payment inside, I don't have any excitement in opening it, let alone going to the bank to throw in the check *sigh*

If only I could turn back time....Life is much simpler then....

No comments: