Monday, February 05, 2007

Banjir Euy banjir...

Jakarta is flooding very badly. I feel sad, angry, helpless, etc...
I grew up just in front of Ciputra Mall, between my place and Ciputra Mall is only separated by a river, which was frequently flooded by then also. But after they made a new river thru Pantai Indah Kapuk, the flood have never came back.
But then I just felt upset that people just throw anything to river, treating the river as their rubbish dump, the government have never taken any action against it, never tried to clean up the river as well.
When there is a new housing complex or building is up, has the developer ever considered about the drainage system? Or the government asked the developer about the drainage system? *narik napas*
I used to joke when I was still a small child with my friends, would Jakarta be flooding very badly until reaching the top of Monas?
So far my parents are here in Singapore, my house according to my neighbour is still safe, my aunties are safe. Thanks God.
I have already sms-ed some of you who is staying in Jakarta. Most of you are well, but then there are some that is quite badly affected by the flood. Just one word that I could say, Take care my friend. may be you can stock up some food, for emergency case.

No comments: