Thursday, January 22, 2004

Happy Lunar New Year

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!!!!
I received sms today which said:
This monkey wish you..year year got fish..horse come succeed..out in safe..100 do 100 win..$god come.. got health got wealth! gong xi gong xi!
For you that have a Chinese background will understand the meaning which is actually derived from the Chinese words of wisdom.
First time I read I only understand the "year year got fish", and I suspected that it's something to do with wise rhyme, then I double checked with my CC, then it's confirmed. Well, you know, my Chinese is only up to survival kits, further than that I'll use my sign language or usually just give my broadest, sweetest smile :)
Last night I went to China Town to see the firework, well, not really sure whether they would have it for CNY, but anyway since after the reunion dinner CC just confidently told my parents so, then I didn't have any choice :) Luckily I still brought my camera plus 1 roll of film, even though I didn't take any photo during reunion dinner, you know, the food were so yummy until I didn't have a heart to leave my plate to take photo *senyum licix*
Then this time around we made the right decision starting from where to park, where to stand and wait, even CC went extra miles by asking the cute policeman where was the firework placed confidently regardless it was true got firework or not *5 thumbs up*
We stood at the junction in front of China Town point, and waited for about 50 mins plus, which I was quite surprise my parents didn't raise any objection this time *wink* This time the fire crackers were more compared with opening ceremony, until i felt tired to wait for it's lasted, then the firework, phew...finally they know how to make a good firework, and the finale was so impressive, but don't compare with the Sydney one though...but overall I gave 3.5 thumbs up for the fireworks.
Before the firework started I accompanied my Dad to look for Gents, as everywhere closed, and Dad didn't want to go to Hotel 81, so we went down to ChinaTown MRT station, inside there, I was having a panicked attack seeing so many people inside the undergound station, especially when the MRT just arrived, then I also saw some of them quite upset because one of the exit point was closed for exit.
For those who are Indonesian, I think you'll probably have the same feeling as I felt when you see crowds, remember all the riots, demos, pickpockets malings rampoks jambrets surveillance, etc etc la...
Finally my Dad finished his nature call, then we went up, on the way up, we saw a group of bule who keep on shouting Gong Xi Fa Cai happily to everybody, well...this is Singapore man...that one will not work well though :)
Unlucky me, when I was busy taking shoots of the fireworks, my film finished *sedih*, but don't worry la...still have my Dad video cam though, nanti kan bisa nebenk euy *senyum licix lagi*
Then as I mentioned before that we took the right parking space, so we didn't face any traffic jam at all to go home after the firework...
I slept about 2 am then woke up because of my handphone ringing, it was my cousin who tried to ring my mom's hp but she didn't want to pick it up (that's my mom's habits will not pick her hp up if have me around *sigh*).
Then made calls, mostly for my beloved friends overseas *hiks* and one of them forced me to write longer for today blog which I am doing now...so Agnes...satisfied? *grinned*
Breakfast, I ate bak kwa...I still can't understand what's the connection between bak kwa (bhs kampungnye dendeng) with CNY, ate all the CNY stuffs that my from my mom's warehouse *senyum manis* kuaci, kacang, kue, etc2...sekarang perut gua agak buncit kayak winnie the pooh...Lunch also made me too full as well *sigh* festive season always make me like this...
Now try to force my self to take a nap first....till then Have a wonderful and blessed year ahead....
Last but not least, my friend sms-ed me this morning or yesterday *forgot though* said that you have to stop eating the grass, as the year of goat has ended, and try to learn to enjoy banana, as the monkey coming :)

No comments: