Friday, January 12, 2007

One Night in Beijing

Did you see America's Next Top Model season 6 if not mistaken. Where the would be winner, Danielle was rushed to the hospital in Bangkok, dued to dehidration?
Nah that thing also happened to me when I was in Beijing last December *blush* I'd never drunk so much water during the flight in my life before. But that day, on the flight to Beijing, I was asking water for so many time from the stewardess. They might found me so agitated for asking so much water, but as usual, I always gave my killer smile when I asked for water donk *blush*
Anyway I'd prepared all the clothing, for the arrival, except, I didn't wear the winter undergarment. But for upper body was well prepared. Around dinner time, I went out to look for dinner in Wang Fu Jing Area (equivalent to Singapore's Orchard Rd), by the time I stepped out from the taxi, the cold strong wind blasted without mercy. So I ran into the nearest building, had dinner, then went around that shopping center which is quite huge. At the end I decided to have a walk outside for a while before heading back to the hotel.
But everything was ready to close as the time had been approaching 10 pm, so I took the taxi back to the hotel. Instead of stopping at the hotel, I stopped at 7 eleven nearby the hotel to buy some mineral water.
On the way back to the hotel, I felt my head was very pain, just like when you drink a very cold drink, and I felt it had to be caused by the cold weather, the temperature was -4 degree, I walked faster to the hotel, looking for warm water at the hotel lounge, but they said they didn't have any.
So I rushed to the room, and made my self a cup of warm sugar water, my heartbeat started to increase, so I called reception to ask for the nearest hospital, but they quoted a Chinese Governemnt Hospital *sigh* I asked whether they knew any Private Hospital, but they said no. I checked my tourist guide book, which I bought from Singapore, and found 3 International clinic, so I decided to go to 1 of them after gave them a ring.
I asked the concierge to talk to the taxi driver after I showed them the address, but they were no helpful *sigh* Luckily the taxi driver was kind enough to call the clinic using his mobile phone. And I asked him how far was it, he said 15 to 20 mins.
Inside my heart, I told my self, I had to fight, I must not die this way in Beijing. Arriving in the clinic, Oh My God, the doctor English was not even fluent, when I spoke to him, I had to repeat a few times *sigh*
He asked me to take a medicine, but I asked him what's that for, he said to reduce my heart rate, but after I took, my condition was worsened, my heart beat increased tremendously, I started to shiver because I felt even colder than before, and I developed spasm on my feet (Kaki gue keram geto loh).
Of course I was worried, I said in tears,"Why am I getting worse? Doesn't it should have been tamed by your medicine?"
He decided to out me on drip, but the nurse couldn't find my vein *sigh* Finally he asked he nurse to make the sodium solution water (=oralit) for me, and asked me to take one more of the same medicine.
Being hopeless, I just took the medicine, I thought,"Aiyah, already worsened, die die lah, don't care..."
After that the nurse did the ECG checked on me, and everything was allright. So I was discharged. The next day, I got a very bad diarrhea, until I didn't have anything to be discharged anymore *sigh* while on the other hand I didn't have appetite to eat anything.
So I decided to book a flight back to Singapore in the afternoon, luckily, I managed to do so. And the 6 hours flying back to singapore was quite a torture for me *sigh* Of course I visited my doctor the next day after I arived, and according to her, I was dehydrated. Aiyoh...reminds me of Danielle *blush*
It reminds me of a song "One Night in Beijing" I don't know after this incident whether I still have the courage to go there anymore or not *sigh* but frankly speaking Beijing people is much more cultured and kind compared with those in Shanghai.
Have a blessed week end everyone.

No comments: