Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Australian PR

If Venny posting about her Canadian PR, allow me to post about my Australian PR.

Well...started yesterday after a very long battle inside me, whether i should go to the Australian High Commission or not, and how should i go there, as a matter of fact the location is not convenient as well, and all the security issues etc...

So I decided to take a taxi there, and when I was there, in front of me are 2 Kenyans were stopped by the guard outside the gate. I feel that it's very ironic though..as everybody else could walk freely, but why should these 2 persons stopped by the most front guard who actually in charge of checking the vehicle that is going to enter the embassy.

Then in the security guard post, where we should change for the pass, they were questioned very long. I felt pity for them, why in this time of the year, people still practice this type of things...

Anyway, the security is very tight, everybody can't bring the handphone inside, we had to switch off the handphone and put it in the locker provided in the guard house *sigh* When I went in I just realised that I forgot to bring my old passport, and my Australian visa was in the old passport. What a waste *sigh*

By the way I got my Australian PR but expired about 1 year ago, I am going to extend my PR, and in the same time I want to apply for the tourist visa as well, simply because I miss Sydney so much.

But this morning I decided not to go to the Australian High Commission again, as I thought that I might need a photo for tourist visa application, so postponed lah...

Last but not least, would like to thank all of you for all the well wishes for my grand draw last Thursday, but sadly speaking my name was not called...may be it's not mine...

No comments: