Friday, July 20, 2007

Indonesian Geto loh

Last nite, having dinner with my best friend from Jakarta, plus my partner in crime and her husband which just moved into Singapore (yay finally got new victim, welcome to the club).

We were talking about how far her husband has been adapting so far, whether he has started to speak Singlish, which replied by him" Touch wood lah yauuuuu..."

I said it took me 3 years to get Singlish flowing into my bloodstream, and let's see how long will he be able to resist, as for the wife, she more or less Singlish by the middle of her 1st year here *winks*

Then of course, as a good team mate, we always want to welcome a new comer to feel as comfortable as possible in Singapore *wicked smile* So we started to speak Singlish *blush*

After dinner, i sent everyone of them, and just on the way out from my carp park lot, suddenly the husband shouted,"Eh Flo, it's No Entry you know!"

I said,"Aiyah, Indonesian mah...."

His wife,"Yes...we do not understand English, if only they had written "Dilarang Masuk" then Flona won't go to that direction.

Morale of the story: For where two or three Indonesian come together, there would be a lots of histeria and fun ;P

Have a good week end everyone....

No comments: