Friday, May 19, 2006

Lost In Translation

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I believe most of you ever receive jokes about Japanese English through emails. I didn't really observe all those grammar mistakes when I was in Tokyo though, but this one is the only one that is quite obvious to me, see the photo above, rinse? weleh...do they mean conditioner instead of rinse? *smile*
As you know I'm taking Japanese class, and I can ask questions, but by the time they provided me with the answer, I really lost in translation. so if I asked for direction or place I tried to point the map as I was afraid I would mispronounce the wrods, I also have to observe their body language when they answered. But then, when I called one of my friend who's married to Japanese and stayed there for ages *ngelirik ci kim*, I was so confidently spoke Japanese to her son, as I was expecting she was at home at that time, and the answer should had been,"Hai, cioto mate kudasai". (=yes, please wait a moment)
To my surprise, her sons blabbering a lots of Japanese sentences, which I believed the meaning is about the mother is not available to answer my phone...but with a very high fighting spirits, I just tried my luck to speak English..luckily they can speak English very well, yupe, the mother is not around *sigh*
Really lost in translation....
Have a good week end everyone

No comments: