Friday, October 29, 2010

Taxi

One day I had to take Taxi down to a place call "One North" which is relatively quite a new area in Singapore. After I got the taxi, I went in and I said politely,"Hi, can you bring me to One North, please?"
Taxi Driver:"Huh?"
I repeated:"I want to go to One North, please"
Taxi Driver:"Huh? Where?"
I tried to think very hard, and I said,"It is somewhere in Buona Vista".
Taxi Driver:"Huh?"
I was thinking whether he had a hearing problem...but I repeated slowly,"Buona Vista".
The he said,"Oh Buona Vista...South or North?"
I said,"North"
Then I tried to explain how to go there in my half past six Chinese (my friend used to say that towards my broken Chinese) and patched up with the best Singlish that I could speak...
Finally, when we reached Buona Vista, then he asked again, "How? Turn where?"
Me,"Go straight, then 2 more traffic light turn right".
Suddenly to my surprise he said,"Oh One North, ah?"
I am speechless.... *tepok jidat*
Kemane ajeeee tuh orang *banging my head again the front seat*

2 comments:

Pipin said...

Hahaha .... the driver forgot take his medicine tuh...

taskerajinan said...

wah...the taxi's driver need to trained.... butuh globe hehehe
nice story....