Friday, April 27, 2007

Ripped Off

I'm in Timbuktu now. So far not a pleasant holiday though. Been ripped of twice for 2 days on my holidays *be te abies*


First case, I was about to have dinner at Som Boon Seafood at Surrawong, actually I've tried the one in Pathumwan 2 weeks ago, and nothing spectacular. Being curious, I wanted to try this branch. It was raining and traffic jam (yupe, what can you expect from Bangkok?), and the restaurant was closed for annual holiday.


The taxi driver said,"I'll bring you to Silom Seafood". As I was having appointment with my friends to meet at Som Boon Seafood at Surrawong, I thought ok lah, I'd promised to bring them for dinner anyway. But the taxi driver was not to helpfull to relay the message to my friends' taxi driver.


So I thought when I arrived at the restaurant, I'll asked the restaurant people to speak to my friends' taxi driver, which happened as per my expectation. But when I arrived in that restaurant I smelled something not right, as I was forced to choose the seafood from the entrance, but as I was tired of the traffc jam, I just choosed accrodingly.


I ended up paying 8000 Baht for the stupid dinner, whereby the crab was overcooked, the Cuttlefish also overcooked, luckily the steamed fish, baked lobster, tom yam goong and veggie were nice...But what the $^%^%$#$$%^$##^^! 8000 baht in that restaurant *bah*


The second ripped off was this afternoon, on the way to BITEC, I've checked from the website, we could take BTS (Sky train) to On Nut Station and there would be shuttle bus taking people to BITEC.


Arrving in On Nut, I followed direction, but there is no sign of the bus, tried to stop a few taxis they didn't know about it *sigh* Finally found 1 stupid taxi, said yes, then asked whether i would like to take expressway, which I answered,"whatever" then I realised the driver was heading back to town, and I stopped him in the middle of highway, and pointing to my destination again. Which he pointed another destination *mo maraaaahhhh gag siyyyy?*


Finally he says,"Oh okay I know, but looked like he still continued his journey to town anyway. I thought I''d get down anywhere he stopped, then I found out that actually he was trying to earn more money from me, by going around the city highway, which of course no doubt, very bad traffic *siap2 golok*


So after a long wait while trying to calm my self down, I saw something look like exhibition hall, but my thought it would probably be Bangkok Convention Centre, which luckily turn out to be BITEC *gondok abies*


But frankly speaking Thai Taxi driver is worse than Jakarta, even though some are very nice, but they will be able to refuse to take you to certain destination *sigh* and tried to bring you for a joy ride, before reaching destination, just to earn extra money *sebel*


Oh my God, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...

No comments: