Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Starbucks

Seeing my last posting I feel very pathetic, sad about my self. Actually If I don't feel like writing, better don't do so.
Okay now going into our topic fo today, Starbucks. For those who knows me well, I love coffee very much. I think I've mentioned in the previous posting before about my love of coffee. It's actually started from my final thesis in Trisakti, as I had to stay until very late at night, with reason that I couldn't get inspiration during the day *blush* then coffee become my best friend.
Continued with my stay in Sydney, I found that coffee, is becoming more than my best friend, moreover after I met Megumi (my Japanese flatmate), who taught me to drink coffee without sugar to enjoy the aroma and the taste of the coffee better.
Finally I joined Australian Starbuck as the first batch, where I was heavily trained about coffee, as the shop hadn't been ready to be opened. I don't know whether you'll still be trained as what i had in previous time when you joined Starbucks crew or not. But let me tell you those experiences are very precious. (eh tau2 banyak yg daftar starbucks lagi gara2 baca postingan gue *ge er*).
But now with all my depression and panick attack thingy, I can't take caffeine at all, so you can imagine how suffering I am now, from the coffee addict to a coffee clean sheet. As I believe if you wanna take coffee, then take real coffee lah...don't take decaf.
I've tried a few times before, as I thought my condition is getting better, but I got knocked out again because of coffee. The the doctor told me,'Why don't you try decaf?" Then I tried to buy decaf, but yet it's tasteless....
As times goes by, now I make a come back to Starbucks, but everytime, I always order the same thing "Decaf grande Ice Mocha with Low Fat Milk and No whipped cream" please. I don't know whether I pronounce it right, because there are certain convention how you pronounce the drink @ starbuck as a crew, I forgotten those already.
Then everytime i ordered my drink the person around me always give me strange look, which the crew sometime does the same, may be they though why don't I just ordered ice choc instead, my defence is, I need a coffee injection, but in order to camouflage the taste of decaf I use choc, and I'm lactose intolerrant, so I can only order low fat (I used to order soy bean milk instead when I was still in Sydney, but yet in here no soy milk available *sobs*).
Well, the moral of the story are:
1. There are many ways to Rome
2. No rattan, the root is still okay lah..(Tak ada rotan, akarpun jadi *grinned*)
3. If you went to Starbucks and heard a woman ordering "Decaf Ice Mocha with low fat milk and no whipped cream, please" with a "cute voice" that must be me......


No comments: